Julia Lima was born on November, 5th, 1981 in Uralsky village, Permian region. At the age of 7 she went in for professional gymnastics and became the master of sports. Because of numerous traumas she had to give up the professional sport. After that she started practicing music.
She attended the local chorus studio and a short time later became the soloist. The music school she passed as an extern student, and at the regional competition she gained the Grand Prix. The competition’s sponsors Gazprom awarded her with a certificate for education in any musical college of Moscow.
Thus in 1999 Julia became the student of State Musical College named after Gnessins. During the education Julia presented the college at many concerts and some competitions: Bella voce - award, Romansiada - award, Festos - the 1st prize, Festival of Arts in Yalta - the 1st prize.
As at the initial stage of her study she hasn’t got much professional vocal skills, she sang using only innate peculiarities of her voice. That’s why her potential was used up so much that she even couldn’t speak.
Finished the Musical College in such crisis state she lost desire for singing. Only in September, 2005 she met Rafael Sirikyan who remains her teacher to present day. He recuperated her voice and discovered its new technical abilities. Now in Julia’s repertoire you can found not only tessitura compositions (Queen of the Night aria, Aliabiev’s “Nightingale”, Gilda, Violetta, Lucia Di Lammermoor) but also compositions for the central soprano (Norma, Toska, Cio Cio San, Valli, Aida, Adrienne, Margarita - Boito, Elvira from “Ernani”).
In July, 2007 she made a try for work on probation in La Scala but unfortunately she pass only two rounds.
- Nalimova Julia
- Date of birth:
- Place of residence:
- Academic singing
- In what genre you wouldn't like to work?
- I wouldn't like to work in a genre that doesn't require a good voice, perfect appearance and the best tits.
- How do you imagine your future?
- I see myself as an actress putting out the notable opera-divas to pasture!
- What are your hobbies?
- I've got a really fanatic attitude towards my opera career so all of my hobbies can be connected only with the movement to this great Aim. By means of modern orchestration I try to make the classical music interesting for the wide range of listeners.
- What is the most extreme thing you've done in your life?
- Students' life is the extreme itself. But the most impressive was the experience when I drove the bicycle one kilometer along Horoshevskoe highway being rather out of head after a glass of vodka drunk at one draught.
- The most successful moment in your life.
- The greatest moment I think was the acquaintance with the wonderful teacher of vocal Rafael Sirikyan, I'm very grateful to him.
- The worst thing you've done in your life.
- I've done plenty of bad things but I can't point the worst one 'cause one is worse than another. May be the moment I threw stones at the frogs at the bog or may be the stolen peach at the market place in the hard years of studentship…
- What a sacrifice can you make for your career of a singer?
- If you could only imagine what sacrifices I've already made for achieving my aim you wouldn't ask me all this things! It's obvious that I can do much for it… I don't think it's an act of bravery that I gave up smoking and lost 20 kilos. I'm ready to fight with all of my minuses and work without cease in order to become better but the thing I'll never do on my way to the aim is the betrayal of my friends and relatives.
- What about the rest?
- I prefer to rest actively: I try to learn skiing, in-line skating but I managed to skate only for 50 meters twice, both times I ran into my neighbor's car.
- What are you doing to keep the shape?
- In order to look well I spend 50 minutes at a cinder track in a gym, make abdominal exercises (it's very important for singing) but all these things work only when you've got positive vision of yourself and the life as well.
- The brightest moment in your life…
- The brightest moment in my life was when I took the stage for the first time, sang and felt the audience's gladness, and the people clapped me and gave me such peculiar energy that I need like a drug till the present moment.
- The most embarrassing situation in your life.
- Being a student I made up my mind to earn some money and went to the casting of dancers to Chameleon club. The art director decided to make fun of me and demanded to show him my naked bust. I blushed but do it! All the dancers laughed at my naivetу but I was in no mood for laughing!
- Your acts of heroism.
- When I studied at school all the pupils in the class started to jeer my friend. Аnd when 3 boys-bullies beat my Svetka at the school back yard I was frightened so much that I jumped at them and fought with such hot anger that a man passing by started to part us crying “Hey, girl!! Stop it! Or I'll tell your teachers that you are beating your schoolmates!”
- What are you afraid of?
- I'm afraid to learn to be afraid. Every situation has the way out.
- Are you afraid of stage?
- The fear of stage is in far away past. I even can't remember how I overcame it.
- What will be with the Russian pop-music in some years to your opinion?
- It is rather predictable. Everything produced now in the West will be producing here in Russia in ten years by analogy taking into consideration the Russian mentality.
- Your dream.
- I dream to sing a song, composed by Andrew Lloyd Webber or Eric Serra.
- What is the hit for you?
- To my mind the hit is a song, which represents an actor. Due to the new hits we hear new names, buy albums and organize fan clubs. The usual song can only help to discover other parts of the actor, to enliven the album or to complete the image.
- How did you discover your talent?
- Never did that. I sang from the early childhood at the parties. As I was given candies for that I decided to sing a lot and not only for candies!
- How did your career begin?
- During my school years I attended chorus where I became a soloist rather soon. Then at the competition I gained the Grand Prix and the competition's sponsors Gazprom gave me a chance to study in the State Musical College named after Gnessins. So my career in opera began. There were a lot of up and downs. During last years I appeared at the prestige stages in Russia and abroad.
- People whom you love. Who are they?
- During all this time my friends, teachers, sponsors are with me. They help and encourage me very much.
- Your family.
- My family is my mother (Lydia Vasilyevna) and me. Mother works as a tutor in an infant school.
- I haven't got a lot of friends but all of them are people with whom I've been going through my life for a long time. For example, Igor, Vitia - we know each other for nearly 9 years, we studied at the Gnessins College together, lived at the students' house together and we trust each other till the present moment. My friends (girls) Axel and Lena with whom I've got a lot in common are also age-old and are always ready to help me.
- Working experience.
- I tried myself in a lot of professions. I worked as a waitress, post-woman, dancer, shop-assistant and recorded sound for the computer games. Now the work of the opera-diva waiting…